Monday, July 29, 2013

Food! Skýr and Hangikjötssalat!

Food! Skýr and Hangikjötssalat!

I haven´t written anything yet about eating on the road so I thought I´d change that. Mostly I have Skýr with muesli for breakfast along with some rye bread and cheese. My aunt also introduced me to something called Hangikjötssalat, a wonderful blend of mayonnaise, smoked lamb, green beans and carrots that one spreads on bread! Amazingly delicious! I´ve also been using my JetBoil stove quite a bit to make soups or prepare some pasta dishes, blending in some chopped veggies like zucchini or broccoli. Not to forget also, that I´ve been eating outrageous amounts of chocolate on the road too, almost half a pound per day and then also copious amounts of chocolate covered raisins. I´m starting to miss the fresh greens from the Last Organic Outpost in Houston!

A typical lunch time meal - pasta with zucchini and some hangikjötssalat on rúgbrauð!
Hangikjötssalat - pure deliciousness



2 comments:

  1. How are you finding international compatibility with your equipment? Is fuel available for the stove you bought in the US? What about other parts of the bike, or trip itself? Also, how are you traveling with food? It seems canned goods would get very bulky for more than a few days’ rations…?

    ReplyDelete